Our Timber Wood Turning History
From humble beginnings as a one man woodturning operation established in 1928. R.Cornall & Son grew quickly into one of the largest wood turning and timber manufacturing operations in the southern hemisphere.
Purchasing cabriole leg makers R.J Hutchens of Northcote, as well as Mitchell’s brushes, we became too large for our Collingwood factory and moved into larger premises in North Fitzroy.
We continued to operate from the until fire destroyed the factory in 1977.
The business was then expanded, and a larger factory built in Plateau Road Reservoir. Mathews timber Pty Ltd purchased half the business in July 1979, with the other half purchased in November 1981.